Well the M-Way journey across Italy to the Swiss border went without incident – once again good roads and fast journey times. The only downside was a quick stop I made just south of the border itself – once again due to the amazingly hot weather, the body of the car is baking and this means that the immobiliser won't unlock for about half an hour (once the car has has a chance to cool down) – this is becoming annoying.
No border patrol at the Swiss border – so straight through no worries. Phew!
Ascona is a very cool town with a front onto lake Maggoira. Had lunch at a lake side restaurant – excellent and pricey ;-) Watched the locals messing about in boats – including a great looking Riva power boat. Fortunately, I'd parked the car in a local underground car park, so there was no problem in getting started again – though getting out of the car park was a challenge; uphill slope where you have to stop and put the ticket into the barrier machine. Of course, being on the left hand side, I would have to leave the car in gear to ensure not to roll back (as the handbrake does not hold the car on its' own). Damn. Eventually, a kind Swissie helped me out by putting the ticket into the machine for me!
Straight to the Verzasca Dam – which you will remember from the James Bond movie Goldeneye – a great drive up to the dam and sudden views. Amazingly you have no idea that the dam is there when in Ascona although it's only a few minutes from the lake. Unfortunately I could not stop at the dam – no parking spaces and in any case I didn't trust the car to start again!
Saturday, 13 June 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment